Friday, July 22, 2011

Projects

Today, my goal is to finish a pair of shorts for Xander. They're going to be orange with red racing stripes.

Yesterday, I made a bag. It turned out great, and I love it!
My sewing leaves much to be desired, but overall, it's fine. I made up the pattern as I went along. The fabric is from the remnant bin at Hobby Lobby, and the twill tape was wrapped around a blanket I bought at Target last year.

I also (last week) fixed a T shirt that I got at Old Navy earlier this summer. It's a super loose knit top, that is comfy and a good length on me, but the top part was too loosy goosy for my taste- maybe I bought it a size too big. But I washed it, hoping it would shrink a bit, so I couldn't return it. Instead I did this to the sleeves...

Love it! Super easy fix. It shortened the sleeves and gives the neck more of a boat-neck look, which is more flattering than the loose crew neck.

I leave you with this... there should be more anthropomorphic things in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment