Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mishaps

Crafting things did not go well last week, my friends. 

The makeup removing wipes from the last post? Moldy within a week.  Gross.  Trying one more time with distilled water.  The boiling water was evidently not enough.  Loved them before the mold, though, so I'm willing to try again!

I also tried making two tops.  Neither worked, for various reasons.  Not fun.  I'm going to take one apart and try again, though. I think I'll be cute, I just have to make it smaller. It's my own design, and I learned to make pin tucks for it.  That's something nice, at least!

The most sad news? The most horrible tragedy?  I broke my serger.  In the process I also almost put my eye out.  Who knew I needed safety equipment when sewing a skirt?  For the record, I was sewing this skirt, and it turned out super cute! The tutorial is great!  I gave it to a friend, though, before I took a pic of my version.  I loved it so much that I'll be making a new one as soon as I get more fabric! It is super comfy and flattering, and I LOVE the fold-over waistband.

But about the disaster...
See that little piece of metal?  That's the upper knife.  It broke off and flew at my face. I think I may have accidentally sewed over a pin. How embarrassing!  Now I have to buy a new one.  I'll probably buy a lower knife, too, since it's a good idea to replace them periodically. Or so I hear. They're kind of expensive, though, so I'm shopping around. Until then, I am sergerless. Or at least knifeless.

And I'm seriously considering adding safety goggles to my crafting supply must-haves.

No comments:

Post a Comment