Monday, January 19, 2015

What Have I Been Doing?

What have I been doing?

Well, Christmas, for one.  A vacation for another.  Starting back to school for a third. 

Christmas was fine. Some ups, some downs, but as usual, our Christmas morning with just the four of us was the BEST!

Over New Years, we went on a little vacation to Washington, DC! Amazing! Totally worth the stress of saving money all year and planning and deciding and driving. 

As far as crafting, etc... I've been doing a little bit here and there. Mostly working on big knitting projects, and knitting hats. 
That is a horrible picture. Wow. The hat is a vintage pattern, done in Madelinetosh yarn. The cowl is a SoVeryShannon pattern, done in Manos del Uruguay yarn.  Fun fact: I finished the cowl while we were in DC, and started and finished the hat on our trip, too. Yay for car rides and podcasts! 
Bonus pic from DC- riding the Metro for the first time! Also, I made Mara's hat! The pattern is from the book Animal Hats by Vanessa Moonsie. 

I have this massive 2015 house list, which I am slowly working through. It mostly involves painting and decluttering and finishing craftsy projects.  As you can see, I'm already making a dent! I think my progress will stall when I hit the painting projects. 


I am hopeful for 2015. Last year was hard, and I'm ready for... Something.  It's been a good start, anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment