Monday, November 19, 2012

Slippers!

One of the things that I love that knitting/crocheting is that it's so practical! Hats! Scarves! sweaters! Toys!  BUT, I hate how long some projects take. I keep starting blanket projects, to use up my extra yarn, but I don't have the attention span to finish. I've tried complicated blanket patterns, quick squares or poofs or rounds that come together at the end, even plain old double or single crochet in stripes. Nothing holds my interest in blankets.

Luckily, these slippers are both practical and quick to make. 
I sort-of followed this pattern.  Adapting it to fit toddler feet, of course.  And I had to use DPNs (Double Pointed Needles)because my smallest circular needles were too long. DPNs are... challenging for me. And I left off the integrated I-cord because just reading the directions made me frustrated.  I think the bows look really cute, though!



And, for traction on slippery floors, I added her initials in hot glue!

On a tangent... I LOVE the Purl Bee and Purl soho. I keep looking at the cross-stitch phone case.  I desperately want it, but just haven't been able to justify buying it. Also, I really like this four seasons embroidery kit. 
I would ABSOLUTELY make the sacrifice and power through my blanket-making boredom for this blanket! I have no words for how happy this would make me! The price is depressing, though; I ABSOLUTELY can't and won't pay $780 for yarn for a blanket.  (not that the Koigu premium, hand-dyed, merino isn't worth what they charge for it, I just can't justify it for a blanket that will probably be used to make forts and floor-nests)

One last thing... I also want this book. It looks like fun!

What I'm working on... X has asked for a Jayne hat! I've already gotten and inch and a half done!

No comments:

Post a Comment