Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What a cunning hat!


Well, since August, my energies have been focused on keeping the family healthy (which did not happen, we've all been sick in turns), and home improvement projects.  Fun!

There have been a few craftsy projects happening, especially since it's been getting dark so early!  Also, on Monday nights, we've been watching Walking Dead AND Dexter- I knit or crochet during those and just watch out of the corner of my eyes.

On to the pictures!!

These wreaths were one of my major scores at the Target after-Christmas 90% off sale!  Love them, but they're getting a little beat up.  So I thought I'd try to hold them together for a few more seasons.
Here's the before.
Here's the after.
I think they turned out ok.  I think I might add some twine, if I get around to getting some. Also, I think they look better in person. I ripped strips of unbleached muslin and wrapped the strips around the wreaths.

Made this hat for M using the leftover yarn from her wedding shrug.  Made the Jayne Cobb hat for RJ.   Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything!
What joyful children I have!
 Halloween! We went with a Dr. Who theme this year, with our neighborhood friends.
M is Rose Tyler; she even had a TARDIS key. X is the Absorbaloff monster.
The whole Dr. Who crew.
And finally, a look at our home improvements! Because we've worked hard!
Ikea pendant lamp that I've had for two years!  My fantastic Father-in-law installed it for me!

New toilet and bathroom floor! Now I want to repaint!



No comments:

Post a Comment