Friday, September 12, 2014

I Fixed It!

And I am very proud of myself!

I fixed my serger!!

First, I had to order a new knife.  What a bummer- they are stinkin' expensive! I finally eBay-ed a set of knifes, for about $25 shipped.  Not bad, when I was looking at some going for $50 for just the upper knife!

I just got all of my tools together, found the right page in the owner's manual and did it! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I did have to re-thread the machine, and fiddle with the tension settings, but the knifes work beautifully!
It's hard to see, but there was an angle difference between the old and new lower knifes.  The old lower knife had an angle, and the new is flat.
Slight shape differences between old and new upper knifes.
 
Site of the serger surgery. Serious business.

All fixed!
Just to brag on my husband a little... he gives the best presents! This SD card and the staple gun he got me years ago are my favorites- he knows me so well!

Now that the serger is fixed, I've been sewing some knit skirts. Pics of those to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment