Sunday, September 14, 2014

Knit Skirts are My Favorite

Seriously. Next to yoga pants, knit skirts are the best.

I've been looking for some cute knit fabric, and I found some this week! If you've been interested in my fabric woes (first world problems, I know!), I made another disapointing and fruitless trip to Joannes recently.  But last week, I was finally over by Hancocks and had time to pop in.  Mara has dance class on the other side of the building- how convenient is that? I found some cute fabrics, and all of them were on sale! I've also started searching Etsy for fabrics, and my cousin has given me an excellent on-line source for cottons, also!
 The color on the chevron fabric is atrocious! It's more of a pinky red. The Disney princess fabric is to become comfy pants for Mara.  She's insisting on having a shirt also.  We'll see how that goes.

True confessions... this...
 ... is how I do patterns these days.  It's easier to draw around the pattern and then cut it out, than to pin the pattern and then cut it out or cut with a rotary cutter.  I even found some things to work as pattern weights. I love it!  I haven't ruined anything yet, but I'm sure that when I do, it will be tragic. Until then, I'm reckless with the sharpie.

And these are the skirts I made! I am definitely going to need to work on my mirror-full-body-selfie taking skills.

Love this one! Pic taken before hemming, which wasn't really hemming so much as it was slicing several inches off the bottom.  Yay for hem-less knits!
*sigh* The green one came out weird.  Kind of puckery because I stretched the knits wrong, and a little too short for my taste.  I'm going to try to fix it. I love the fabric! This is the pattern of the super-cute skirt I made a few weeks ago.  I gave it to an out-of-town friend, though, because she loved it and looked awesome in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment